Digital has been identified as one of the key levers for growth to meet Shell's long term ambitions.
This role is hands-on, and responsible for identifying and delivering the digital approach to meet business and communications objectives. You will work as part of an integrated communications team with one report, accountable to develop and execute the overall digital strategy for Retail, including Fuels, Loyalty and Payment. This role requires an in-depth understanding of our existing local and global platforms.
The scope of influence and accountability for this role includes paid Search Engine Marketing, Digital Video, Social Media, Community Management, Websites, sales and customer digital content platforms, e.g. MarketHub, Brand Connection, and Digital Display Marketing that supports all the Retail businesses in the US and Canada. This role will be accountable for overseeing the relationships with both brand and digital agencies.
The Head of Digital and Social Content will work closely with the Advertising Manager to ensure the digital strategy is thoroughly developed and clearly integrated with other communications. This role will be responsible for defining what our digital competency and proficiencies are and closing the gap across the organization. This Head of Digital and Social Content will play a key role in helping to define and influence the long-term digital roadmap. This role will drive measurement and optimization of key digital marketing tools and programs and will report to the Brand and Communication Manager. Areas of responsibility include:
- Use customer insight to plan, deliver and review social media campaigns, alongside other communications channels, ensuring reach, customer acquisition, engagement and ROI.
- Select and manage the appropriate agencies to support our digital/social needs and be responsible for managing the dedicated digital/social agency contracts.
- Ensure compliance with Shell website development and maintenance requirements and guidelines
- Define and lead the development of mobile communications (i.e. app) including ensuring materials are updated and accurate.
- Team focal point to manage content development for Market Hub and other sales or customer-facing platforms.
- Be the digital lead for development of content and asset requirements for all digital channels , working closely with the Advertising/Media, PR and CRM leads as part of an integrated comms team
- Serve as Community Manager for our Retail Social channels working closely with the agency with the response matrix.
- Oversee planning and execution of online campaigns and partner with Global Brand team in content development including digital display, promotions and videos
- Demonstrate how digital plays a fundamental role in driving leads to sales and implement solutions that bridge between on- and off-line to enable lead management into our CRM systems
- Develop and maintain a content review process that aligns closely with the other leads. Ensure timely completion and distribution of social content with quality, accuracy and timely publication.
- Work with Partners and Content owners to understand content performance and customer journeys to support optimization initiatives.
- Execute website and social media audits to ensure relevance and accuracy.
- Develop and provide regular digital program management reports, audience reach, engagement, ROI evaluation and optimization actions
- Meet regularly with global digital marketing focal points and ensure alignment.
- Provide regular digital and social media insights
- Responsible for overall digital team budget spend forecasting, process invoices, PIRs, and report monthly commitments to carefully manage resources
- Apply in-depth knowledge of market dynamics, competitive positioning and research insights to advise best mix of digital marketing tools to address brand needs.