NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
London’s role as a global city and sports hub for Nike requires a senior communications executive to set the strategic vision, communications strategy and story focus for our football communications team, London West. The focus of this role is to serve the youth of the city and drive both hyper local and global impact storytelling through our performance innovations and deep connection to the culture of the game in the city.
Building a collaborative and ongoing relationship with our club and federation partners will be key to the success of this role and our football business in one of the most important football cities in the world.
To fully realize the scope of this role the London West Football Communications Director will require a strong mix of sports related experience and integrated communications planning to best serve the business and the needs of our football team in the future. Above all, this candidate will need a passion for sports and the Swoosh.
- Drive creative solutions and platforms to take our storytelling to new and unexpected places that connect with football obessed consumer
- Be a social and media newsmaker and have strong, creative ideas that can elevate football storytelling in London and globally.
- Build relationships with senior communications representatives at our club and federation partners to deepen our storytelling and fully leverage partner channels and presence for our storytelling.
- Ensure key relationships are in place to best manage issues as and when they arise.
- Work closely with corporate, internal and category teams to drive Nike Football innovation storytelling.
- Lead and inspire the London football team in one of our most important global cities and football markets. Set the football communications benchmark for other cities to become inspired by and learn from.
- Be an instigator and driver of relentless and focused media and influencer relations programs to build further scope and scale of our football storytelling in London.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in journalism, PR, English, communications, business, or related field required.
- Minimum of 10+ years professional experience in high profile corporate or brand communications roles supporting globally branded organizations
- Management skills include high-profile communications, strategic planning, budgeting and creative solutions.
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional, global and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures.
- Experience initiating and driving the ideation process contributing meaningful, innovative strategies to the business at concept stage.
- Successful experience in working effectively at a high senior level brand management and a proven ability to provide guidance and direction to teams and peers.
- On the ground senior media experience with ability to communicate clearly as a high profile company spokesperson.
- Strong knowlegde of the London and Football Market is strongly preferred