Melco Resorts & Entertainment Limited is an award-winning developer, owner and operator of casino gaming and entertainment casino resort facilities in Asia. In Macau, Melco Resorts & Entertainment currently operates City of Dreams Macau (www.cityofdreamsmacau.com), our flagship integrated entertainment resort and home of The House of Dancing Water, the world's largest water-based performance; Altira Macau (www.altiramacau.com), a Forbes-Five-Star luxury hotel; and Mocha Clubs (www.mochaclubs.com), the largest non-casino based operations of electronic gaming machines in Macau.
Reporting to the EVP Chief Marketing & Brand Officer, the Vice President, Public Relations will oversee the development and implementation of PR strategies and activities for Melco Resorts & Entertainment’s hotel/resort properties in Macau and Asia. The PR strategies shall be developed in relevance with the evolving market dynamics, industry trend, and in alignment with Melco’s corporate branding and vision. The VP of PR will lead a dynamic team to implement PR strategies and activities to promote, enhance the awareness and brand image of properties in the region, to achieve overall business objectives, and ultimately to advance Melco’s position in the marketplace.
- Formulation of PR / Media Strategy
- Formulate PR strategies for Melco’s hotel/resort properties in Macau and Asia, so as to allow the companies cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with different key stakeholders (e.g. media, industry key opinion leaders, etc.)
Implementation / Execution of PR Strategies
- Manage all PR communication and activities, including the prioritization of media opportunities, PR messaging, event production & organizing, issue management (crisis communications), etc.
- Develop and maintain strong media relations locally (Hong Kong, Macau) and internationally (Asia, etc.)
- Oversee the day-to-day PR activities including budgeting, planning and staff development
Team Development & Management
- Manage a dynamic team to support the development and execution of PR strategies and activities in a professional and highly efficient manner
- Advocate in leading by example to build, manage, mentor a highly talented team
- A Master Degree holder in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related disciplines
- Over 15 years of professional experience in public relations field of sizable multinational organizations (either in-house or with an agency), with at least minimum 8 years at managerial position
Skills / Competency
- Extensive and strong local Macau media connections and international media network;
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output;
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Possess excellent leadership capabilities and charisma skills to influence, inspire and motivate team members towards Melco’s corporate vision;
- Strong passion for PR professions;
- Strong business acumen;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
More information can be found on the Melco Resorts & Entertainment careers website.